Monday, November 2, 2009

Another Necklace contest- whoo hoo!


We're doing it again! Comment on the blog and be entered to win a Sweetheart Necklace. Just leave a comment telling me your favorite thing about Thanksgiving- food, family, traveling, pumpkins, whatever! Don't forget to leave your email address so we can contact you if you win~ Good Luck!

27 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

I would love a chance to win. I love your jewelry!! I am looking forward to seeing my in-laws and our niece and nephew Max and Alex. They always make the holidays that much more fun when we visit. It's been too long since we've seen them. They are growing up so fast, right before our eyes!

Tiffany said...

Natha, your jewelry is just amazing! I love learning about your creative process and seeing your visions come to life on your Blog. Thanks for sharing your talents with us! Tiffany

A. Jolly said...

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is blending the old traditions with the new. My Grandmother passed away this summer and was an incredible cook and this year more than ever I look forward to blending her recipes with my own and being thankful for her and other family who are no longer with us as well as those who are with us and our many days ahead.

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is family game time. It's one of the only times of the year when everyone is together around the table not worrying about anything and truly enjoying each other! I sure hope I win!! Love your jewelry!! sonyahudson@hotmail.com

Lynn B. said...

My favorite thing (and the most important to me) about Thanksgiving is family. Last year at Thanksgiving I was about 5 months pregnant and this year we get to share Thanksgiving with our baby boy! lamay@cox.net

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Oooh Thanksgiving is a great time!! Of course I love all the delicious food, but more than anything I love getting to see all my family. I only get to see ALL my cousins once or twice a year. Now that I have my son the holidays are so much more important. I want him to look back and remember all the good times he had with his family! P.S. I love your jewelry, so unique!
swoolweaver@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

the steam as you breath in the cold morning air with dogs and the kids that woke up to take a walk in the morning. Leaves crunch under foot and the sun begins to peek over the trees and warm your back. Thanksgiving morning, Autumn day, let's sit on this rock a while more.

cheers.

artfront@soulswirl.com

Gena said...

To start, your jewelry is gorgeous! Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holidays. Its a time for my entire family (both my maternal and paternal sides) to get together. Its usually one big, happy, eventful evening! However, this year is going to be different. It will be my first year celebrating with my new family- my husband's family. We live in Puerto Rico now so I am far away from my family! The upside, Thanksgiving dinner is going to be at my house so I am going to cook via Skype with my mom and grandma! Every year my grandmother comes to our home and the three of us spend all day preparing the meal. Its a tradition that I do not intend to break! Even though I won't be at the big family Thanksgiving this year, I am doing everything I can to keep our traditions alive and to start new ones here for my husband, daughter, and family here!

Gena said...

Sorry, I forgot to leave my e-mail! Genagolden@gmail.com

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

food! for sure. recipes from my grandmothers. this year we're traveling to maine to close up our summer place. but the traditional recipes will be the same!
have a happy holiday!

DonnaZ said...

Ohhhh this is great! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it allows us to stop and give thanks. Its all about Family but there to look around and be blessed is amazing. this year I'm thankful for my new twin baby girls.

donnazittel@gmail.com

Sara miller said...

My favorite thing about thanksgiving is a tradition my husbands family has where everyone has to say 3 things they have been thankful for over the past year. I love hearing all the different things that have happened to our family to be thankful for, especially the kids!!

Sara miller said...

sun_angel_11@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is family and food. I love baking with my mom during the Holidays. It is also nice catching up with relatives I don't see that much during the year and spending time with my husband and 3 boys! Thanksgiving is a great time to teach them that we have everything in the world to be thankful for.
Your jewelry is awesome! Thanks for the chance to win some!
alysiamc@gmail.com

CCV St. Johnsbury said...

I love your creativity! I have been looking for the perfect mother "piece", and I have found it!

jen said...

My favorite part of Thanksgiving is capturing all of our family in one place for several hours! Schedules and distance make it a feat every year! I love to sit back and observe all of the interactions that take place between grandparents and grandchildren, cousins, and adult siblings. Memories are made each year!
petecow@tds.net

The Helm Family said...

Natha,

I love Thanksgiving just for the shear fact that my family is all around me. This year will be my first as a mom of 2 boys...and I am looking forward to just cherishing the moment. I am sooooo thankful or just getting the opportunity to raise 2 wonderful children with my dear, sweet husband.

Your jewelry is amazing....I've had my eye on one of your sweetheart necklaces for some time....here's hoping I'm picked!!

courtney - helm@att.net

Dawn said...

Natha,

I poo-poo my husband's idea to get a mother's necklace. But, when I saw your styles I just had to have one. Our little Paul was born after I had cervical cancer and treatment so I can't think of a better way to honor his arrival then with one of your necklaces.

Dawn

sarah said...

Your work is breathtaking! I would love to have one! I love all the rushing around of thanksgiving. It starts off the holiday season and puts everyone in the good holiday mood. Sarahp1006@aol.com

anne said...

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving and any holiday for that matter is family and traditions. This year was very different as my brother and his family were unable to attend (my nephew is having heart surgery in Jan and they are trying to keep him as healthy as possible). So my daughter who is six suggested we go around and say what we are thankful for before we prayed. Of course, there was the usual family, friends etc, but when it came to my mom she teared up and said that "this" was what she was thankful for this moment right here and now and it was truly a beautiful moment. She went on to say that it was a celebration and that even those (my brother, his wife and children)(and those who had passed on before us) were not with us now, they are always with us in spirit. I remember being away from home for the holidays when I was younger, a reason my husband and I moved "home" was so that my children could learn TRADITIONS. They are really amazing! annericheson@live.com

Jill said...

My favorite thing about Thanksgiving is that it all about giving thanks. I feel like the consumer marketplace goes right from Halloween to Christmas because there isn't a lot of money to be made with Thanksgiving, but that is precisely why I like it. It isn't about buying gifts or a lot of decorating, but rather just a time to be with family and friends and reflect on what you are thankful for. I enjoyed this Thanksgiving with my husband and our 4 year old and 8 month old. We also had a friend of my husband's over since he didn't have anyone to celebrate with. It was a very nice, peaceful day.

Ohhh...and did I mention your jewelry is gorgeous?!?

Andrea said...

how individual and unique your jewelry is! love it! and i also love the holidays- particularly thanksgiving. it seems to be such a comforting time with family who have unconditional love and gratefulness, sharing traditions with one another no matter the hardships.
drdrayke@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

My favorite part of Thankgiving - that's easy. It's the time after we've eaten and everyone is just relaxing, talking, and enjoying each other's company. We've gotten all the "catching up" out of the way, and are left with the best part of the night. We had 32 at Thanksgiving this year... and I think we all talk at once.

I'm sure the contest is over but just love your stuff - and this post topic!

katestickel@msn.com

natha perkins said...

Thank you all for leaving such lovely comments and stories for the contest! I plan to hold a similar contest in January so check back. Congrats to Sarah P for winning (we chose a random number and her comment was that number...) Happy Holidays!

T.Martin said...

I am a mother for the first time to an adorable boy! He is my everything and I've been looking for jewerly that I could have his name engraved on. I saw the sweetheart necklace in my parenting magizine and fell in love with it! It's exactly what I was thinking of! The best thing for me about Thanksgiving has to be getting together with my family. Everyone in my family is very busy with their kids and schedules but when it comes to Thanksgiving we all get together and forget about all the craziness of the world. We embrace Thanksgiving with each others company and the many thanks for all that God has provided us all with. (ccmartin29@yahoo.com)

Unknown said...

I am getting ready to have my second child and noticed your Sweetheart Necklace in my Parenting magazine. We already have a precious little girl and are getting ready to finalize our family with a little boy. To me, this is the perfect mother's necklace.

Thanksgiving is an exciting time of the year for my family. We celebrate traditions such as hunting, a big Thanksgiving lunch, and football with my husbands family.