

My Sweetheart Necklace got featured in Parenting Magazine- I'm such a proud parent! The article was about cool jewelry for Moms and well, I guess I'm officially cool...or at least the necklace is cool right? One of my favorite girlfriends, Shannon Sunderland of Hot Mama Designs also got a great mention for her cool custom jewelry- yeah!
Parenting magazine is hosting "31 days of Mothers Day Giveaways" and you can log onto parenting.com/giveawayaday for the chance to win one of 31 great prizes. You can win a Sweetheart Necklace on May 31.
In honor of Mothers Day (and to celebrate my little Sweetheart Necklaces' big accomplishment) I will also be having a contest on the blog. Leave a comment telling me your favorite thing about your dear Mama and be entered to win a SHN of your very own, with your very own custom names and dates...how exciting! The contest will run from today through May 31. Don't forget to leave your email address on the comment please. Good Luck!


37 comments:
My Mommy is the best! I say that with confidence as she has been my Mommy for 45 years now; and each year we grow more and more close. My very favorite thing about my Mommy is difficult to choose, there are so many things that make her wonderful. I would have to say that my favorite thing would be how she allows us all to just be ourselves. She embraces the differences in all of us, and supports us in being who we are. You can't possibly beat that type of love and devotion, and I appreciate her for - well being herself!! :-)
my mom taught me to sew. i can remember trips to the fabric store. she could repurpose just about anything, and make it totally mine, even my cousins old wool coat - a boy, thank you - resized, new buttons, a velvet collar and i was a pretty cute kindergartner!
thanks for the giveaway chance!
I love my mom's sense of humor. She can always find a way to make us laugh. It is a great quality to have. Thanks for the chance to win a beautiful necklace!
Congrats on being featured in Parenting magazine! That is awesome!! Hope you are doing well!
Kim
I'm SO proud of you! Congratulations for the Parenting Magazine ad. That's absolutely fantastic.
My mom is the best. She has always been then best. When I was little she used to take me everywhere. Washington, New York, Philadelphia, and the beaches. She taught me how to be an amazing cook. She also gave me the most support and love any person could want. Now that I have my own child I know that I want her to have a childhood as amazing as mine. I want her to look at me like I look at my mom because my mom is the best.
There aren't words to describe how precious my mom is to me. She is so generous to everyone she encounters. She takes care of my two children full time (2.5 year old and 10 month old). As well as taking care of my two nieces. She would have it no other way. Never playing favorites. Just always putting out love and patience. I wish I could have even an ounce of the patience she has with my kids! How do you repay such generosity?
I love my mom's unwaivering support. Even when I feel I have failed, she is always there for me, encouraging me and telling me she believes in me. I could never ask for a better mom. She is simply the best, and I love her with all my heart! Your necklaces are beautiful! Thanks for the giveaway chance. missywks@yahoo.com
I came across this necklace in my Parenting magazine and I am absolutley in love with it!! Right when I saw it I text my fiance to see if he had gotten me anything for Mother's Day yet! (My son is about to be 9 months old) Anyways!! I never really appreciated my mom until I had my son. I never realized everything she had done for me and why she did it. I would do anything for my little guy like she has done for me. She has always and still does put her kids first. My mom is truely an inspiration for me and I hope that I can be half the mom she was!!
Mother's day is bittersweet to me. I lost my Mom 7 years ago to Ovarian Cancer. I am pregnant, and have a 21 month old son. I love watching my Mom come through me, knowing that the way I mother my son, is due to her.
My Mom taught me to be resourceful and sweet. Once when I was a child, my Mom ran out of cool aid. Tragic. Instead of our world crumbling, she made us a box of jello, and said, "Drink up, before it's a solid!"
I will always remember to make life sweet!
Irtech2003@yahoo.com
Congratulations on the recognition, your jewelry is very beautiful. My favorite thing about my mom is how gracious she is now that I am an adult. I was a handful as a kid, but even with all I put her through she constantly tells me how much she loves me and how proud of me she is. Watching her transformation from "mom" to "grandma" is amazing. The growth that we have experienced in our relationship since I have become a mom is wonderful. Having children is amazing, but I am so thankful that it has improved my relationship with my mom.
It really is a beautiful and unique design.
But, you asked about our mothers. I know it's such a cliche, but my truly is my best friend. I love her sense of humor, her strength and her pragmatism. I love her strong sense of when to worry and when to let go. She's a tireless worker who thinks nothing of the amount she does for her mother, her husband, me and my family. I could go on and on, but suffice to say, when I find myself thinking that I'm turning into my mother, I am delighted. I should be so lucky.
rachel.perrone@gmail.com
Hi Natha--
LOVE your jewelry--what gorgeous things you design! So something about my mom...she was with me when my son was born and I swear they locked eyes across the room and something passed between them! She said that morning that she felt like she had known him all along. He's 10 now and the two of them are peas in a pod. They have long talks about life and I think he knows more of her deep life secrets than anyone else. I am deeply touched by her love, and don't think I could be the parent I am without her daily support. Must go find some kleenex now....
katw100@gmail.com
My mom adopted me when I was 3 years old. Initially, she and my dad never intended to have children but they were asked by my biological mom to adopt me. They were in their early 20's and taking on such a responsibility was huge. I know my mom struggled with having an instant kid and trying to figure out how to raise and love me but that is exactly what she did. Even though I know my biological mom, the woman who adopted me is who I call mom. She nurtured me and loved me as if she carried me for 9 months. Her love is unconditional and even though she eventually had her own biological child, she never made me feel any less loved or wanted. She showed me that our hearts are big enough to hold all kinds of love. (hoover652@yahoo.com)
My mom has become more special to me as I've "grown up" in the 25 years since adolescence, and I appreciate her more, too. While we don't always agree on things she always wants the best for me. She has taught me to think things through, to care and to do what's right.
My Mom is the most amazing woman. At the age of 75 she is still working, primarily in order to be able to afford to treat my children and me to an annual vacation (which we would otherwise not be able to afford). She is a devoted and doting Grandma, and she values hugs and closeness above all else. A very special lady.
(Thanks for this opportunity - your designs are beautiful! DivaMomCC@aol.com)
My mom is my hero and the person I admire most in the world. She came to this country from the Philippines over 30 years ago and saved enough money to bring my father and her family over. She worked hard to provide a good life for my brother, sister, and I, although her life has not been easy. My mom suffers from a mental illness that has limited her abilities to function independently in may ways. BUT she still has a passion for life, an unparalleled love for her children and grandchildren, and an amazing sense of faith. Even in what seems to be the worst of circumstances, her generosity is limitless and her support for me unwaivering. I'm truly blessed. - josiepeterson@gmail.com
First of all, CONGRATS on your Parenting Magazine feature--your work is gorgeous and I thank Parenting for helping me find you here. I am a new fan :)
My mother means the world to me--she recently battled cancer & was fortunately able to beat it. She's a woman who raised four children and stood by my side when I found out at age twenty that I was about to be a mother, too. She watched my first son as he was born and created such an important bond in his life that still lasts today. I am so grateful that my mom is healthy and here in my (and my three siblings') life.
My mom's motto--"In order to win, you must be willing to lose"--makes more sense to me now as a wife and mommy of two sons (17 years and 18 months!). Upon losing things like sleep--LOL--I've gained so much. My mom continues to be a true inspiration and touchstone for my whole family. Thanks for allowing me this moment to reflect and write about her. I love her so much! :)
Best wishes to you and to all of your fans who are also leaving musings about their mothers.
mrs.morris@gmail.com
I have a new appreciation for my mom now that I am a mom myself. As I stand over the crib, watching my 7-month old son sleep, I think to myself "wow, my mom once did this for me!" Now I truly understand the depth of the love moms feel for their children. It's amazing!
(mtwelton@yahoo.com)
My mom's a great friend and inspiration. She's loving, kind, helpful, and genuine. I'm glad we're close and I hope that I can be 1/2 as great a mom to my son as she is/was to me.
jheise4@wi.rr.com
Congrats, Natha! I'm so proud of you, and as always am wishing you much success!
My mom has taught me about patience, persistence, and unconditional love. I have learned a lot from her and appreciate her even more now that she is a grandmother. She is a great role model.
Congrats on the piece in PM!
jpingrey@gmail.com
I found this site because I fell in love with the sweetheart necklace in Parenting magazine. I love this jewelry!! Now about my wonderful mother...I admire my mother's strong faith and love. She has a kindness and gentle way about her that makes everyone feel comforted and safe. Behind that though she always has a strength that has been a rock for me. I love watching her with my son, her only grandson, as they play, laugh, and read together. I know he is feeling what I have always felt when I am with her: happiness, acceptance, and peace. She is also my best friend as I talk to her almost everyday.
My mom is many beautiful and amazing things...and having spent a number of years estranged from her for personal reasons, I now treasure her more than ever! My favorite thing about my mom is her generous and enlightened heart! She started a non-profit organization in South Africa to help AIDS afflicted and marginalized children. She has helped clothe, feed, care for, and provide love and education for communities of children and subsequently communities at-large. She's had such success that her organization is now going global with work in South America too. She's not just my mom, she's helping to nurture the world as well! What could make someone more beautiful or endearing than selfless giving!
luladelrio@comcast.net
I'm 31 and when my father passed away 12 years ago my mother took on the role of both parents. The endless love and strength she has shown my brother and I is amazing. She kept our family strong when we felt we were at our weakest. I can only hope to be half the mother that she is.
-Jamie
jrrutka@cox.net
congrats on the parenting mag ad! That's how I found you (and your friend Shannon) and I am new fan as well!
As a new mom of a 9 mos old son, I have a new, deeper appreciation for my mom as well. Every time I hug him and kiss him all over, I think of how my mom must have felt with me (i'm the first born too). I'm also extremely blessed to have my mom helping take care of our son 3 days a week! Even though she has to commute 2 hours to our house to do so every week, she never complains and gives our son the best care she can. I am so lucky!
So this mother's day, my first as a mom, I feel a new connection with my own mom and all the moms I know!
I am one of six kids, and being a new mom myself, I have more and more appreciation every day for the difficult job my mom had. She is always so selfless and managed to instill in all of us the values of appreciating what we had and helping out others in greater need. This is what I appreciate most in her. I remember adopting a migrant family at Christmas time, donating turkeys every year at Thanksgiving, helping to teach some children English over the summer as just a few examples. I strongly believe that I wouldn’t be doing the work that I do now – helping families around the world get back into communication that have been separated because of armed conflict – without this influence from my mother. She has encouraged and supported me in following my dreams, even when it meant me moving across the country. That didn’t stop her from being here for my daughter’s birth over the summer. She took such wonderful care of my new family that I just sobbed when she left. As I raise and care for my own daughter, I finally GET it. This is how much my own mom loves me. She is such a wonderful example. I can only hope to be as inspiring to my own daughter as she as been to me.
Thank you!!
elena@thegrovers.com
I can honestly say that my mom is the most selfless person I know. She is my #1...the first person I call when anything happens. My best friend who is always there to lend advice or even just an ear to listen. This has been especially so since my then 6 month old son developed a catastrophic form of epilepsy only two days after Mother's Day last year. It's been nearly a year, and she's given me unwavering support ever since -whether it be emotional, physical, or financial. She has helped me keep it together for my little boy, and without her, I would not be the strong, determined mother that I am today.
I'm leaving a second comment because I realized that I did not include my email address on my earlier post.
areid5@satx.rr.com
Still love the jewelry and mothers!
So glad that I discovered your work through the feature in Parenting Magazine. There are so many beautiful pieces!
delilah1310@gmail.com
My mother set the best example for me to follow. She is kind, generous, smart, loving ... everything I hope to be for my son. She instilled a curiousity in me to discover the world, and I wouldn't be the person I am today without her inspiration. I love her so much!
I love that my mom is such a wonderful grandmother. Why wasn't she like that with me? :) BTW, your necklaces are beautiful!
Congrats on making it into the magazine! I LOVE that necklace and had to come check out your site right away! :) How awesome that you're giving one away!!
My favorite thing about my mom is that she loves life! After years of being overweight and self-conscious, my mom started a strict workout regimen and has kept at it for several years now! She looks great! She walks a few miles every single day and goes to dance classes almost nightly. She has been married to my dad for 32 years but she's starting to turn the heads of other men and I think it's great! I need to learn from my mom and become that committed to improving my health! She's such a great role model :)
My mother retired from the U.S. Air Force as a Senior Master Sergeant in 2005, after being injured. She was in for 24 years, and since the beginning of Desert Storm, did 9 tours in the Middle East. Through this time, we were separated frequently, and for long amounts of time. During these times, she taught me so much. When I didn't want her to leave, I learned what a commitment to your country meant. When I missed her terribly, I learned that thousands of miles apart, we are always a family. When I was scared, I learned to have faith. When she was injured and continued to work, I learned about work ethic. I learned that sometimes loving your children means making sacrifices. It means getting up and taking action, so that they can live in a better world. These are just a few of the things I learned from my mom.
Everyday, she continues to amaze me. She's my mom, she's my soldier, she's my hero.
rrs@vmptuning.com
my mom taught me how to be me. she is, and always has been my rock, support system, best friend and role model. i just became a mom this year to a wonderful little boy, and i can only hope to be half the mom, friend and role model to my son and she was to me. i will always appreciate her and respect her with all of my heart.
samanthamann11@yahoo.com
My mother has always been an inspiration to me. She tried to instil a sense of humor, as well as the knowledge that being your own person was important. She wanted us to all be happy, and to her that meant that we were successfull, not financial gain. She let me have blue hair, and go to art school- with the full knowledge that this did not change the fact that I was a good person. And she's become the best grandmother I could have asked for, for my son.
jenjohnsonfromwisconsin@gmail.com
First I want to say that your necklace that's featured in Parenting magazine is beautiful...in fact I wanted to enter the contest today but I was too late. So I looked you up on the internet and was so excited to see that I still have a chance to win a necklace! Thank You!
My mother is an amazing woman! She is not only my mother but my friend! She is always there to lend a helping hand or ear! She is never judgemental and she loves me for just being me! She is my inspiration and I can only hope to be half of the mother that she is! I have learned so much from her and I am so blessed that she is mine.
Post a Comment